Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)

Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)
Aug. 3, 2010

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 50 – Weather Gods (Ottawa, ON Rest Day)

(Posted Aug 21th from Riviere Ouelle QC)

What luck with the weather – after 4 great days of sunny riding I awoke this morning, inside, to the sounds of driving rain and thunder. I was fortunate enough to have full access to my sister’s washer and dryer, and a basement floor on which to stage all my clothing. After weeks of camping, I got a chance to wash everything, including the inside and outside of my “hockey bag” which carries all my gear. It was much needed.

Our (my mum, my sister and I) original plan was to go on a sightseeing tour along the Ottawa River, but after getting soaked just walking to the car, common sense prevailed and we stayed indoors.

The highlight of the day was my sister Liz, feeding us (Serge Pierre-Alain, and me) a steak dinner with ALL the trimmings – appetizers, steak, asparagus, broiled potatoes, salad, an artisanal cheese plate and dessert – two types of cobbler and vanilla ice cream. After hearing how much food we have been devouring for the past 7 weeks, she was worried that she might not have enough for us. We were extremely well fed, and I got to take some frozen brownies with me for the ride to Hudson the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment