Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)

Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)
Aug. 3, 2010

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 45 – Visitors (Alliston, ON – Rest Day)

Today started with the usual ride to the Laundromat, big breakfast and bike cleaning. In town, we met my sister Sue who had come up to visit from Toronto, and to give Serge, Pierre-Alain and me a tour of the area – well a winery tour.

Unfortunately P-A (Pierre-Alain) went AWOL, and missed out on the fun. Sue found a winery in Stouffville, the Willow Springs winery where we tasted a bunch of wines, toured the place, and bought some of their product for dinner consumption while camping.

The bummer for the day was that my bike computer/heart rate monitor was DOA in the morning - it took a few hours of effort to try and find a battery since the type it uses is extremely uncommon.  I ended up having to have one shipped to Ottawa to install when I get there over the weekend.

We then went out for a late dinner chicken AND ribs, before saying goodbye to Sue.

All in all a great visit and a wonderful tour - I think Sue left in shock at how much we could consume, and still lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment