Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)

Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)
Aug. 3, 2010

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 37 – Mutant Geese (Wawa ON, Rest Day)

August 2nd  - Posted August 5th
Apparently Wawa in the First Nations language must mean “The Land of the Mutant Geese”, as its claim to fame in Ontario, and around the world, is that it is adorned with a number of oversized geese.



Today was a rest day so it was the usual – get a big breakfast, find the Laundromat (not that easy and once we did, it had a funky smell to it so we did not stay there any more than we had to), clean the bike, eat a big lunch, reorganize my gear between the shelf on the truck and my hockey bag, eat a hearty dinner, and sleep.

The big question of the day was whether or not to replace my chain – I decided, since measuring it and it was within tolerance, to clean it and the rest of my bike. I even polished the frame with some bike polish.

After the rest day routine was complete, we headed into town for some large pizzas – not the best but it was fun eating with the group – we should have ordered the lasagna as it looked really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment