Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)

Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)
Aug. 3, 2010

Saturday, January 30, 2010

BRRRRR!!! 11°F to 14°F today

I managed to get in just under 40 miles today in some of the coldest weather I have ridden in in the past 30 years - that excludes when I used to ride my mountain bike to the ski hill in Canada when I was ski patrolling and the temperatures were well below 0°F.

The hills seem a lot steeper and longer than they did just 2 months ago - maybe it is the cold weather, but I suspect that more likely it is the time off the bike.

That will give me an added incentive to get out when the weather is nice - nice being not snowing or raining and dry roads - it is all relative.

For the month of January, I clocked in just over 100 miles and 7,600 feet of climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment