Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)

Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)
Aug. 3, 2010

Thursday, December 9, 2010

If a tree falls...

I suspect that you are all familiar with the question:
"If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Well, for the past year, I was always wondering whether my blog was "making any sound".  My postings were always done on an act of faith - that someone, somewhere "out there" was reading them.  I did get occasional feedback from fellow riders, friends and family on my postings, but other than this (which was very encouraging in and of itself) I had no real idea of the level of interest/readership my efforts were generating.

Well, today I found out through some poking around in "blogspot" that they provide a high level perspective of the number of pages which have been accessed on the blog, and the country of origin of the reader.

I am quite amazed at the results - beyond my wildest expectations...

Here they are...


























Over 7,000 views - Thanks to all for your interest, support and encouragement, and have a Merry Christmas (or whatever seasonal holiday you observe) and a Happy New Year.

Ski season starts this Saturday - the weather in New Jersey has been in the mid 20°s all week so they have made tons of snow.

Cheers,

Bill

2 comments:

  1. It's incredible, Bill Ruddick is also known in Switzerland as the historical national hero William Tell. Probably because the blog offered the scoop not found elsewhere!
    I miss you Bill, I miss the whole gang and Canada too.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year full of crazy projects .... and reasonable success.
    Serge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill
    I had a look at mine and I even had people from the Ukraine logging in!!

    I know it will hurt Bill but I did you by about 1000 hits. Always good to keep the ex colonies in their place!!

    ReplyDelete