Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)

Magpie Falls (Serge is on the right)
Aug. 3, 2010

Friday, April 2, 2010

March is DONE - bring on the sunny days!

Despite record rains in New Jersey, and recovering from foot surgery in late February, I managed to log a little over 300 miles on the road in March. This year I am keeping track not only of my total mileage, but of my total altitude climbed. I am now at 34,000 feet (or 1.2 Mt. Everests), and four miles shy of 500 miles since January (with 85 miles planned for tomorrow and Sunday).

My legs lungs and heart are getting stronger with every ride, and I am now logging over 100 miles per week. With that base of training, I have got back to what I call the "Sea (sic) Food Diet" (I see food, I eat it!) and the winter pounds are beginning to drop off.

I have a couple of big rides coming up as part of my training regimen for the Tour du Canada, the very hilly (5,000 feet of climbing) 50+mile Hills of Attrition on April 18th, the pancake flat, with a tail wind 107 mile Montauk Century on May 16th, and the hilly 65 mile Revolutionary Ramble (with really cool cycling jerseys) in early June just before leaving for Vancouver.

With each passing day, the hills seem a little flatter and shorter, and I am sleeping better every night. I passed a big commitment milestone this week with the Full and Final payment for the Tour du Canada, was due on March 31st.

Onwards and upwards - 81 days to wheels-up from Newark.

2 comments: